Why is everyone so jazzed up about drinking green tea? Because many studies actually point out several health benefits people get from this flavorful beverage.
Here are some of them:
1. Green tea fights fat. It has active ingredients that increases fat metabolism in our bodies.
2. Green tea burns belly fat .Research conducted at Tufts University reveals catechins in green tea speed up abdomen weight loss by about 77 percent.
3. Green tea balances blood sugar levels. Catechins in green tea also maintain insulin levels in the body better and avoid blood sugar spikes and crashes that lead to fatigue, mood swings and cravings for unhealthy foods.
4. Green tea may help prevent lung cancer. A study published in Cancer Prevention Research this year states that catechins in green tea suppress lung cancer cell growth.
5. Green tea may also stop colorectal cancer.
6. Research also tends to indicate that green tea also causes prostate cancer cells to break down.
7. Green tea may slow down wrinkling. Catechins have been known to be more potent than vitamin E in quenching skin-damaging free radicals. Free radicals react to injure healthy cells in the body, resulting in wrinkling and other signs of aging.
8. Powerful antioxidants in green tea also kill free radicals. This limits your susceptibility to a lot of illnesses such as arthritis, diabetes and cancer.
9. Green tea tastes good. Try different varieties of green tea. Drink it iced or hot. Add some stevia for a sweeter taste.